Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage
The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) sets the standards that all early years providers must meet to ensure that children learn and develop well and are kept healthy and safe. It promotes teaching and learning to ensure children’s ‘school readiness’ and gives children the broad range of knowledge and skills that provide the right foundation for good future progress through school life.
The EYFS seeks to provide:
- Quality and consistency in all early years settings, so that every child makes good progress and no child gets left behind;
- A secure foundation through learning and development opportunities which are planned around the needs and interests of each individual child and are assessed and reviewed regularly;
- Partnership working between practitioners, and with parents and/or carers;
- Equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice, ensuring that every child is included and supported.
All school settings set specific objectives for development work to meet the Equalities Duty. This year the Nursery will focus on four aspects of our work:
- For all staff to challenge assumptions and respond appropriately to comments made by all users of the Centre/Nursery
- To work closely with Huntingdon Primary Foundation stage staff to make effective transitions for children (and parents) of all tracked learner groups thereby promoting continuity of learning and child initiated play.
- To continue to develop assessment and record keeping so that it accurately reflects all our children’s achievement.
- To support the parents of children from Eastern European families through the education system and on into school so that these children reach their potential.
This is a very brief explanation of our focus but if you would like to know more then please come and ask the staff.
HNS Curriculum Goals Visuals Main Page.pdf
HNS Curriculum Goals Visuals Goal 1 SHARE.pdf
HNS Curriculum Goals Visuals Goal 2 BELONG.pdf
HNS Curriculum Goals Visuals Goal 3 MOVE.pdf
2023-11-03Curriculum-Statement-intent-implementation-and-impact Updated July 2023.pdf
2023-11-03OPALNEW Curriculum document.pdf
EYFS Nursery Curriculum
The EYFS learning and development requirements are comprised of:
- Seven areas of learning and development
- The Early Learning Goals, which summarise the knowledge, skills and understanding that all young children should have gained by the end of the Reception year; and
- The assessment requirements (when and how practitioners must assess children’s achievement, and when and how they should discuss children’s progress with you).